View Profile EverErratic

All 581 Audio Reviews

465 w/ Responses

This is a beautiful piece! The vocals are spectacular as always. I love your chord progressions. I hope you can decipher some of your chord progressions sometime because I really want to make a song with a similar style :) The whistle sounds great; how many instruments do you play? :o Good luck in the competitions!

etherealwinds responds:

Thank you BlueOceans! :) I'll send you the piano MIDI if you like and you can decipher it to your heart's content! I tend to stick to familiar chord progressions so it's nothing too spectacular. It has such a lovely tone doesn't it? I was waiting months to order it in a particular colour and in the end, I just thought screw it I wanna order it now, so I got it in red. Then the colour I wanted became available the next day haha! Well, piano, harp, and some woodwind instruments mainly. Kinda crappy guitar and I can bang some drums. Good luck to you too! <3

This is amazing. I love the ending; I didn't expect that sound at all.

Bosa responds:

Awesome! I really wasn't sure what people would think about this, so I am very happy that you enjoyed it.

Congratulations on the super high score!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Why thank you, and congratulations to you as well!

It's cool that a song with eerie vibes can be so relaxing. I love your vocals as usual, and the instrumentation is perfect. I tend to prefer songs with more variation, but the execution is so good here that I don't mind the static nature of it.

etherealwinds responds:

Thank you very much :) hope you're well!

This piece is extremely relaxing. I agree with all of LSD's comments. I think you improved a lot recently. If this track had a slightly better mix, it would be an instant favorite.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks so much! The ADM certainly gave me motivation to improve. :)

I think this piece has a very solid start that evokes a lot of emotion and clearly tells a story, but I think that the execution in the second half is not as good. The instrumentation is great, and I especially like the choir. I feel like some of the drum patterns are out of sync or I just can't make sense of their rhythms at times. When the sub bass fx was reused at 2:33, it felt way too cheesy. Anyway, I enjoyed the beginning but I found myself getting distracted by the things I mentioned above during much of the second half.

AceMantra responds:

Hey! Thanks for leaving your thoughts! :)
Something went wrong during the exporting process that caused the drums to fall out of sync. I thought I had less time than I did, but now I actually have a chance to address some of the parts that make me cringe (all of it).

This is one of the most unique tracks I ever heard. 1:05-1:19 was my favorite part. The transition at 2:34 is awesome!

1f1n1ty responds:

I think your favorite part should be 1:48. :3

thanks man!

The composition is beautiful and exuberant! This is one of my favorite submissions thus far.

AzulJazz responds:

Thx so much friend

The atmosphere is fantastic, and the mix is very pleasing. I love the instrumentation, especially the chimes. I can imagine myself listening to this in a rpg.

My only complaint is that there isn't enough variation considering it's six minutes long.

This is one of your best pieces imo, from the ones I listened to.

JordanKyser responds:

Thanks for the review! :D

I totally agree with you the whole way through. This was a very quick experiment (only took just over 2 hours 15 minutes) that somehow came out to be one of my best pieces. Apparently, I tend to lose variation with the more cinematic music I make (you can tell that the composition/arrangement is the same through most of my music).

The chimes were rather a special touch to this song, along with the timpani/snare rolls (forte-piano rolls with a gradual crescendo actually... pretty fun in my opinion :P).

A lot of the cinematic music I do now is usually what I have picked up from school and self-research from the past 5 years or so (all that has sure paid off :D).

Just a little note: The experiment was to make most of the song with a minor chord progression. I have not tried it before, but it seemed to work well (even though I stepped outside the rules a little bit). I might do it again some time in the future. :D

This is a beautiful track! The atmosphere is lovely, and I like the unconventional mix of instruments. It sounds very uplifting.

My only complaint is that I think it sounds very condensed. In other words, I think that there isn't enough repetition, and this piece would be catchier and more memorable if some of the sections lasted longer.

ColinMuir responds:

yeah i can agree with that, haha, i kind of scare myself of repetition too often. Thank you. :)
Side note: i realized its too condensed, as its called condensation.

Hi, I'm an orchestral composer. Please contact me if you want to use my music in your projects. I'm open to commissions.
You can contact me here or at everratic@gmail.com

23, Male