View Profile EverErratic

All 576 Audio Reviews

462 w/ Responses

This is pretty catchy. I like the jazzy chord progression and use of the saxophone juxtaposed with the electronic instrumentation.

endKmusic responds:

Thanks for the kind words. :)

The mixing and mastering was executed well. When the mix is full, it almost sounds like its played by an actual orchestra. i love the main melody, and the orchestration is phenomenal for much of the piece.

During the quieter section, I felt that there wasn't enough contrast between that section and the other two other than the difference in volume. Also, I think you should have used the most realistic instruments there for the leads since they're so exposed. The melody here could benefit from syncopation, I think. Maybe I wouldn't mind the lack of it if the leads sounded more realistic.

I liked the way you ended the piece, but I think the very last note would sound more conclusive if it was noticeably more powerful than the previous one.

I think you probably could have added some more countermelodies, adornment, and flourishes. The mix sounds full, and the melody is solid, but once I got used to it, i wanted a bit more stimuli.

I really enjoyed this, and I hope you make more marching songs!

JessieYun responds:

Hey Everratic,
Thanks a lot for the comment and a suggestion. I tried to cover up the problems you've mentioned, but I guess it didn't work well eventually. I'll try to improve much more in the future!

I really love this piano. It suits your style better than the NI ones imo. The song has a very pensive mood, and it spurred me to have a daydream during my first listen :)

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I really like it too! As I mentioned, I'll just have to get used to it. But when it comes to the heavy and powerful dynamics, this piano definitely is able to capture them better. If I ever get to my project or releasing an album with my best piano works, this is the piano I'm going to use.
I hope the daydream was enjoyable! :D

This is one of my favorite songs of yours. I think I criticized your melodies several times in the past, but you really nailed it this time :) The melody is simple, super catchy, well-orchestrated, and it fits with the background perfectly. I love the melodic adornments too; you're really good at that! I think this song is close to perfect :D

endKmusic responds:

Hearing this from you means very much.
Your constructive criticism indeed (especially about melodies) had an impact to my musical thinking in general. Glad it came to this moment. :D
Much thanks! <3

There are many lovely melodies in here, and the orchestration is mostly good. I think the secondary melodic lines (I don't really know what to call it) sound divergent and distracting at times, but there are some instances of nice countermelodies. I like the layered leads. I wish the drum beats were faster, but the song sounds pretty relaxing and enjoyable nonetheless.

ChronoNomad responds:

Thank you for taking the time to review, Everratic! Your feedback is appreciated. Interestingly enough, the track itself runs at a fairly steady 150bpm until the ritardando (decrease in speed) at the end.

The rhythm of the drum beats is pretty much by design, and I'm personally really happy with the percussion, but music is nothing if not subjective. Regardless, I'm glad that you still enjoyed my little musical tale! ^__^

This is my favorite song from the OST. It's so uplifting.

EverReverb responds:

Thanks :) I agree that this one was the best of the bunch.

Your composition skills have improved a lot, and you're clearly putting a lot of effort into your work. I seriously think you should consider purchasing a a good orchestral library. Once you have that, improving your orchestration skills will be much easier, and obviously, listening to your music will be much more pleasant. If you want I can recommend some products, though I admit I'm not the best person to ask.

This makes good background music. I listened to it while reading the news and had a relaxing experience :) I don't see this as a bad thing; songs have different purposes, and background music is a legitimate purpose.

Much of it sounds like noodling, but there are some interesting phrases here and there that provide sufficient stimulation while I actively listen.

I like that you used several different articulations. The tremolo is a nice touch.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks a lot for the review, BO! I'll certainly make some more engaging content in the near future, but I'm glad you appreciate it for what it is. :)

The composition is wonderful. I love the use of triangle. It sounds like a palace theme in a rpg.

This sounds quite novel thanks to the accordion. The song is so energetic and catchy — not what I expected at first. I hope you use accordion more often!

NahuPyrope responds:

Thank you<3, I know we've never talked properly but I follow your works too!

Hi, I'm an orchestral composer. Please contact me if you want to use my music in your projects. I'm open to commissions.
You can contact me here or at everratic@gmail.com

23, Male