View Profile EverErratic

All 576 Audio Reviews

462 w/ Responses

I love it! It reminds me of Final Fantasy games.

This is amazing. You're really good at designing otherworldly experiences with your music. It has a strong calming effect.

Phonometrologist responds:

Thanks Blue. I appreciate your description, because I really don't know what kind of "effects" people get when listening to what I end up putting together.

I love this so much. It's so energetic, catchy, and uplifting. My only gripe is that I wish there were more countermelodies or melodic layering.

8-bitheroes responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah countermelodies would be a good idea, something i struggle with a little.

Wow, I easily envision playing a medieval rpg while listening to this. It reminds me of the Witcher music I used in a Skyrim mod. This could be phenomenal if you had better vsts, but it sounds great as is. I encourage you to get some better vsts as soon as you can because you're clearly talented and might be able to be a video game composer someday, if you wish.

SirQuebi responds:

Wow, thank you. That really means a lot. I definitely need some better vst's, hopefully this competition helped that a lot. But honestly, thank you. It's actually my dream to compose for entertainment media, shows, movies, games, etc.

The violin composition is really nice.

I think this song would sound much better if you programmed the staccato note by note instead of using what sounds like action strings. Also, the song doesn't sound like it's being played in a real space; it seems to be mixed like its an electronic song.

I like what you were trying to do with this piece, but I think it needs more instruments for tension to be properly built. A brass ensemble would sound amazing here. I think more percussion is necessary as well.

With that said, I mostly enjoy the song if I listen to it casually. It would make good background music as is.

FateModified responds:

Hey thanks for the review!

Hmm actually I did program the staccato notes using Albion One. I’ve been listening to lots of trance lately and so I’m sure that’s why it sounds so electronic versus real due to my current musical influences. I wasn’t really going for an all natural acoustic sound. I tried adding some brass but decided against it actually. More percussion probably would have been good but the mix was getting kind of muddied as is so I didn’t add much more. My mixing skills still aren’t that great but I try. Thanks again for the review! :D

This is beautiful <3 The orchestration is amazing.

AceMantra responds:

Thanks! :D

I like the rich atmosphere and the large reverb that makes the song sound dreamy. There's a lot of cool percussive elements, and the combination of instruments is quite interesting. I find the song to be extremely repetitive; the theme is too simple to be repeated this much without significantly more variation. You used a lot of big percussion and fx to create good transitions, but the momentum would quickly die out because the rest of the song didn't change much. When you use a big hit or fx to signify an important transition, there should generally be more variation in the following section in a way that carries that momentum. You clearly improved your orchestration skills significantly over the past year, but one thing I think you should focus on is building tension over a long period of time and releasing it in a way that feels climactic. The main reason for my low score is that I happen to be more sensitive to repetitiveness than the average person, but I still think there are a lot of things to like about this track, which is why you got some high scores already and praise from one of the judges. Keep up the progress!

This is beautiful and so uplifting! It improved my mood a lot :)

JessieYun responds:

Hey Everratic,
Thank you very much for the comment, glad you enjoyed the piece!

Your composition skills improved significantly over the past year. I really liked the orchestration. There are some interesting countermelodies and secondary percussive elements. My only gripe is that the vocals sound like they’re in another space.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks so much for the review, Everratic! I'm glad you think I'm getting better at composition. Mixing vocals has never been my strong suit, but unfortunately I might not have much of an opportunity to work on that in the near future. All of the mic equipment I was using here belongs to my school, not me. Anyway, thanks again for dropping by! ^_^

This is fun to listen to; the chords are fantastic and the composition sounds adventurous. It reminds me of exploring Skyrim at night. I think the lovely aspects of the composition are somewhat negated by uninteresting drums, a lack of expression with the piano playing, and a muted and cheap piano sound. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh. Normally I wouldn't write reviews like this, but I think this loop has the potential to be a masterpiece with a lot of emotional depth.

ChronoNomad responds:

Hi, Everratic! Thanks for taking the time to listen and leave a review, man.

I'm glad to hear that it's fun to listen to, at least! And adventurous has a nice ring to it. The drums were more of an afterthought anyway, so I guess I don't really mind if they sound less than epic, but there's not really much I can do about the piano. Funds being what they are, all the stellar-sounding instrumental suites are beyond my reach and always have been. Yeah, I suppose the comment does come across as rather harsh, but it's not entirely untrue. All I can do is work with what I have, and if it ultimately falls flat, well...such is life.

I continue hoping that I can do big things with subpar resources, but maybe that's just a pipe dream. Fortunately, I make the music for myself and my family, first and foremost. Hopefully the music can still be appreciated, despite the admittedly lackluster piano. I can only pray that the soul of the music can shine through, regardless.

Hi, I'm an orchestral composer. Please contact me if you want to use my music in your projects. I'm open to commissions.
You can contact me here or at everratic@gmail.com

23, Male